Login to access subscriber-only resources.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
EssaysThe section â€œEssaysâ€ gathers contributions that have previously been subjected to a double blind peer review process, unless the paper is invited (when this will so, it will be well notified to the readership). Papers cover a variety of philosophical fields.
FocusThe section â€œFocusâ€ will be prepared by a Guest Editor on topics that the Editorial Board selects as being of interest. The Guest Editor will be in charge of inviting contributors and of screening the papers that reach us via a dedicated call for papers.
Past PresentThe section â€œPast Presentâ€ intends to contribute to current philosophical debates with the publication of outstanding papers that either have never been published in English or are now difficult to find in libraries or on line. In which case, an expert in the field will introduce the papers and will explain their theoretical and historical significance.
Copyright NoticeAuthors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication, with the work five (5) years after publication licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- After five years from first publication, Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.